Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Petrochromis.com > Petrochromis Forums > Petrochromis Breeding

Notices

Petrochromis Breeding Discussion of Petrochromis breeding, stripping, tumbling and fry care.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:39 AM
waterdog

::Profile::
Keeping: red bulu point,moshi mahale, famula chimba& sangala,fasciolatus nkondwe yellow,

I'm sure they got around another week before they are close to freeswimming. I'm pretty sure I will keep this batch to see how they do at raiseing up to a nice size. I know the picture that Greg put up when he first imported the parents(only picture I've seen of them turned full color) it is strikeing!
My two pair haven't turned yellow like that yet but the two males seem to be developeing a sheen starting from the lower part of the body and going up. They are actually a light blue(very light)in that photo from Greg the blue is in the dorsal and along the edge is a much deeper yellow line.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Mastiffman
Banned

Keeping: WC Trews, WC Moshi WC T. Bulu Point, Ikola, Kasanga, Maswa, Mpulungu, Murago TANZ, Pemba, Ulwile

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
I'm sure they got around another week before they are close to freeswimming. I'm pretty sure I will keep this batch to see how they do at raiseing up to a nice size. I know the picture that Greg put up when he first imported the parents(only picture I've seen of them turned full color) it is strikeing!
My two pair haven't turned yellow like that yet but the two males seem to be developeing a sheen starting from the lower part of the body and going up. They are actually a light blue(very light)in that photo from Greg the blue is in the dorsal and along the edge is a much deeper yellow line.

This is a good idea. It will increase your knowledge of the behavoir and morphological growth patterns in numerous ways if you pay attention enough. Which I'm sure you will. You seem like that type.

AC
Old 05-23-2013, 01:45 PM
SunnyHouTX

Are "morphological growth patterns" like growth rings in a tree? Do you have to cut the fish in half to expose these patterns?

210 gal Petro. Trewavasae
Old 05-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Mastiffman
Banned

Keeping: WC Trews, WC Moshi WC T. Bulu Point, Ikola, Kasanga, Maswa, Mpulungu, Murago TANZ, Pemba, Ulwile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
Are "morphological growth patterns" like growth rings in a tree? Do you have to cut the fish in half to expose these patterns?

I'm not responding to your antogonistic comments..
Old 05-23-2013, 02:17 PM
SunnyHouTX

I'm seriously asking you what you mean by that phrase because I don't know what it is.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:31 PM
waterdog

Keeping: red bulu point,moshi mahale, famula chimba& sangala,fasciolatus nkondwe yellow,

Not My Fish You Don't

will you quit will you stop will you quit

Old 05-23-2013, 02:40 PM
SunnyHouTX

Hi Eddie. I just want to know what these morphological growth patterns are and what they're good for.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Mastiffman
Banned

Quote:

Not My Fish You Don't

will you quit will you stop will you quit

I'm tellling... At this point it's hard to tell what to take his comments as... Mostly sarcasm.... but if someone can't tell what those words imply and why any of it would be important in the first place, I just don't know what to say about that.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:48 PM
waterdog

Well Sunny I believe what Andrew was refering to is the morph(form) ology(study) of the different (colormorph) of a certain fish as it matures.
In ichthology this helps in identification to some extent but for complete identification it takes much more as scale count along the lateral line head structure, tooth form , different fin ray count and much more.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Mastiffman
Banned

Quote:
Well Sunny I believe what Andrew was refering to is the morph(form) ology(study) of the different (colormorph) of a certain fish as it matures.

Ed, I honestly didn't think that this had to be said. Sunny likes to try and instigate so don't let him lead you into this stuff and make you an accomplice. I know that you Guys are partially Loyal to one another being both from the same area but please don't encourage his behavoir. It's highly unwelcome by most. No offense of course, if you enjoy it.

Thanks!

AC