Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Petrochromis.com > Petrochromis Forums > Petrochromis Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Petrochromis Tanks & Equipment Discussion of Petrochromis tanks, filters, heaters, powerheads, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Mastiffman
Banned

::Profile::
Keeping: WC Trews, WC Moshi WC T. Bulu Point, Ikola, Kasanga, Maswa, Mpulungu, Murago TANZ, Pemba, Ulwile
Default Possible Tank size for colony of 9 WC Petro Trews...

Hey Gang.

Good day to everyone.

Was curioous if a 4x2ft 110 gallon Would suffice for a while comfortably for 2m/7fm Trewavesaes? I currently have them in a 180g with 41 WC Trophs and would move them all together. Possibly even keeping my Current male in the 180g for a few days so that the smaller male could feel more confident when I put the Current Male in the tank.

Or do you think that it would be better to add the next group of 6 into the 180g with the rest until I can find a 6Ft tank for this group of 9 Trews?

Any input will be appreciated either way.

Andrew C.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Mastiffman
Banned

Keeping: WC Trews, WC Moshi WC T. Bulu Point, Ikola, Kasanga, Maswa, Mpulungu, Murago TANZ, Pemba, Ulwile

LOL- I'm guess ya'll don't approve of the 4x2 footprint for even some young Trews?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 PM
TroPhish

Mastiff

http://www.petrochromisman.com/index...m#PETROCHROMIS STOCKING LEVELS

Im sure you've seen the above article. I cant speak from personal experience but I would give the tank a try. I would add some trophs as dithers and crank up the water flow to the max you can provide. I think the small tank would help crowd them. And be prepared to separate them if it hits the fan.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Mastiffman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroPhish View Post
Mastiff

http://www.petrochromisman.com/index...m#PETROCHROMIS STOCKING LEVELS

Im sure you've seen the above article. I cant speak from personal experience but I would give the tank a try. I would add some trophs as dithers and crank up the water flow to the max you can provide. I think the small tank would help crowd them. And be prepared to separate them if it hits the fan.
Thanks for the link.

I guess I don't understand how people have almost forgotten what a forum is all about.... At least on this forum. People seem a bit scarce in their presence or maybe a bit reluctant to reply for some reason.

I sense a bit of seclusion from members on this forum for some reason... is this really what a forum is supposed to be like? I don't feel that it is in my opinion.

I'm not sure if it's because members aren't visiting often enough or if its that members don't like responding unless they have something that they want attention for or what.

I'm here to discuss and learn and it just seems like it's more a database of some info instead of a social site to interact with other members on.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM
kwikrob

Keeping: 2 different kinds, but not enough of any

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Thanks for the link.

I guess I don't understand how people have almost forgotten what a forum is all about.... At least on this forum. People seem a bit scarce in their presence or maybe a bit reluctant to reply for some reason.

I sense a bit of seclusion from members on this forum for some reason... is this really what a forum is supposed to be like? I don't feel that it is in my opinion.

I'm not sure if it's because members aren't visiting often enough or if its that members don't like responding unless they have something that they want attention for or what.

I'm here to discuss and learn and it just seems like it's more a database of some info instead of a social site to interact with other members on.
I'll attempt to reply without getting flamed on here but that didn't work too well on Trophs.

You had asked for opinions on getting your first trio of trews on here a while back. The response was primarily "don't do it". You went against the majority and did it anyways. Maybe the people on here feel you'll just do the same again?

To answer your question, I think 9 are fine in a 4 foot tank. I do agree you should put something else in there with them though.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Mastiffman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikrob View Post
I'll attempt to reply without getting flamed on here but that didn't work too well on Trophs.

You had asked for opinions on getting your first trio of trews on here a while back. The response was primarily "don't do it". You went against the majority and did it anyways. Maybe the people on here feel you'll just do the same again?

To answer your question, I think 9 are fine in a 4 foot tank. I do agree you should put something else in there with them though.

Thanks for the response.

I guess my initial and continued thought on the Trio of trews was a Biased opinion of the forum. not of actual Experience is all. Funny thing is that being newer to the family of petrochromis, I was the one that was accurate in this case. call me lucky if you will.

I'm not one to do things "just because everyone else says so or is doing it". It seems to be more along the lines of who thinks they are right, wrather than what is right on this forum I guess. At least that's what I see. And I really think that this This is something that needs to moved passed. It seems to be a long time standing. Which does make it right. Just accepted.

So anywho, When and what did you get Flamed about over on trophs? Sorry that happened.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:13 PM
SunnyHouTX

I just don't like to read your posts. Too tedious.

210 gal Petro. Trewavasae
Old 05-17-2013, 05:30 PM
SunnyHouTX

Oh and I don't have the time to list my first hand experience every time I give advice for you to take my responses seriously. Especially when you insist on doing things your way, why bother engaging. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

210 gal Petro. Trewavasae
Old 05-17-2013, 06:43 PM
bpseoe

Keeping: Moshi

thanks for sharing trophish....
Mastiffman (05-17-2013), TroPhish (05-18-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Mastiffman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
I just don't like to read your posts. Too tedious.
Why because I'm not braging about my huge tank with tons of petro you don't have?

A little Narccisitic isn't that? Thanks for being forthcoming though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
Oh and I don't have the time to list my first hand experience every time I give advice for you to take my responses seriously. Especially when you insist on doing things your way, why bother engaging. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.
So you have to get praised to post?

I'm merely trying to start conversation on this forum. That's what they're for aren't they? not just to come online and brag when you get something new and try and prove how much better one is over another. It's about sharing socially. you're comments don't make you seem very social. And When one logs on and comes off cocky, standoff-ish and grumpy often (at least to me, you are short with), it doesn't yield a good online environment.

All that everyone has ever said was, "don't get only three, you'll regret it and end up with only one." That may be true if it was just the trio in small tank. or in comparison, a few 10"+ Adult Petros in a 6ft tank... but that wasn't the case and it didn't seem ligical that I would end with one Petrochromis in a 6ft tank whne there were over 40 other WC fish in there as well. Does that make sense to you? well it doesn't to me.

Your, among others advice to "not do it" wasn't sound advice to me and at least one other person that I won't bother to mention their name, that has a lot more experince than most on this site. But yet I still wanted to see if there were any, even [quick] stories to hear about... which you don't seem to typically provide anyhow Sunny.... Unless it's a current situation for you... Not a biggie though. I wasn't looking for Anyone in particular to reply. just Someone!