Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Petrochromis.com > Petrochromis Forums > Petrochromis Talk

Notices

Petrochromis Talk General Petrochromis Discussion.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:01 AM
cu0ngsayz

::Profile::
Keeping: Brown/orange/blue petros; green/yellow/blue petros; yellow petros; blue/yellow/gray petros;

Haha every forum has some kind of drama!!!! BUT to the OP maybe split the rock scape in to 2 sections so the bulu doesn't think the whole tank is his territory?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:31 AM
Papakroket

The tank is doing very good now. Less agression and the fish (ecxept one Macro male) looking very good.

But I notice that the tank is very heavely laoded now with this occupation. The water is okay, but...it is on the edge. I think I have to make choices in the nearly future. Maybe I try to keep the Famulas (Max 15 cm) and the Moshi's. I try to expand this group.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:48 AM
SunnyHouTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophAddict View Post
Why do you guys go off in every thread on here, starts with someone replying to a post and then Mastiff going on a lengthy explanation! I just dont get it, arent we all entitle to our opinion? if it bothers what one has said lets ignore it and move on.

Back on topic that collection of fish you have are very nice, i love the rocks in the tank. Overall well done
Opinion is one thing Luis, but when you're giving out advice that's known to bring disaster to one's tank, I take exception. Especially when said advice is given by somebody with not much experience to speak of, especially since he himself has problems with those who do the same. If you're giving advice, you have to think of the well being of the fish and not try to make it some experiment with other people's hard earned money. This needs to stop.

210 gal Petro. Trewavasae
The Following User Says Thank You to SunnyHouTX For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 08:51 AM
SunnyHouTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papakroket View Post
The tank is doing very good now. Less agression and the fish (ecxept one Macro male) looking very good.

But I notice that the tank is very heavely laoded now with this occupation. The water is okay, but...it is on the edge. I think I have to make choices in the nearly future. Maybe I try to keep the Famulas (Max 15 cm) and the Moshi's. I try to expand this group.
Your tank will be fine. What kind if filtration do you have on it?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:00 AM
SunnyHouTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Calm Down, please...
You don't even know sunny! No one on this forum, that I've seen, Including You has ever gone Really Long and Wide... A 450g tank that is tall like yours is not even what I'm talking about. So chill out Brosef!

His tank will work yes. BUT, Like he stated already, if you would have paid attention to what he actually said instead of just trying to reply as fast as you could being that you are so eager to respond negatively to me ALL of the time... You would understand that I was responding to his Bulu taking up half the tank all of the time.

You foolishly replied...

If his tank was BIG (i.e. LONG Enough) this would fix the red bulu feeling like he has to control half of the tank. So you are trying to say that a 2500 gallon tank that is 15-20ft long would STILL be 50% controlled by 1 Red Bulu and that it would be Horrible advice to try it? but I don't expect you to know this. Your tank is an 8fter...

Once you have tried it sunny, then you can try to be the End All judge on the advice on this forum... until then... Please control yourself and refrain from replying to me if you don't have anything cordial to say. Thanks bud!
You spend so much typing typing things it's funny. Nobody needs to have a tank like you describe to keep a healthy and stable colony of fish, and last I checked very few people can afford one. Since you're the one advocating "really long and really wide", how about you buy one for yourself or for the OP, or for me since you so eloquently pointed out that I don't have one? If not, stop talking about it, and look at what tank the OP is working with and what's going on in his tank. Step back down to earth from your space ship... brosef. Brosef....LOL

Mastiffman (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Papakroket

Iam filtering over 12liter siporax in an internal bio filtering system.

I use this kind of filtering for 20 years and I love it.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:29 AM
TroPhish

Hey Paprokeet,

Nice looking fish!

I'snt this a 180gal?

What brand of 20fter do you guys recommend? Do you think im going to need to bring some help and borrow a truck? Or do you think they will have a few nice young men at the store to help me get it in my trunk? lol

I don't think I would recommend less fish or a bigger tank. But I will admit that it took some time for me to fully understand dispersing fish aggression.

If you were still having a problem, I think I would say to add more fish(maybe some trophs), more flow in the form of circulation pumps and in the form of filtration since with more fish you might need it anyway, and possibly play with the scape a little bit. just try separate piles, one big pile/one little pile, one medium pile in the middle, singular spread out rocks etc.

I have my polyodons in a 125 with 40 trophs. I spent some time talking to discman about it, and we briefly leaned toward thinking a 4 or five foot tank with tons of flow, maybe some plants, maybe no rocks, the 40 trophs, and the polys would be the way to go to pull them off (wu-tang, I know). Anyway, they are in the 125 and I would not want them in anything bigger. That's for sure. I may not have years of petro experience...but with fish in general...I can spot a armed bomb when I see it. and spreading them out would make it go off.

And if I felt like I needed to do something, it would be something in that direction(tighter tank, more fish, more flow) instead of less fish, 20 ft tank etc.

Just thinking out loud here.
John
Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 AM
SunnyHouTX

Quote:
Iam filtering over 12liter siporax in an internal bio filtering system.

I use this kind of filtering for 20 years and I love it.
OK that should be good, just test your water right before a water change to see how bad it gets. Then you can increase how much water you take out accordingly. Also keep in mind that bacteria need time to adjust their colony size with changing bio load.

Mastiffman (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Papakroket

Tx Guys
The Following User Says Thank You to Papakroket For This Useful Post:
Mastiffman (06-01-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Mastiffman
Banned

Keeping: WC Trews, WC Moshi WC T. Bulu Point, Ikola, Kasanga, Maswa, Mpulungu, Murago TANZ, Pemba, Ulwile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
Opinion is one thing Luis, but when you're giving out advice that's known to bring disaster to one's tank, I take exception. Especially when said advice is given by somebody with not much experience to speak of, especially since he himself has problems with those who do the same. If you're giving advice, you have to think of the well being of the fish and not try to make it some experiment with other people's hard earned money. This needs to stop.

You spend so much typing typing things it's funny. Nobody needs to have a tank like you describe to keep a healthy and stable colony of fish, and last I checked very few people can afford one. Since you're the one advocating "really long and really wide", how about you buy one for yourself or for the OP, or for me since you so eloquently pointed out that I don't have one? If not, stop talking about it, and look at what tank the OP is working with and what's going on in his tank. Step back down to earth from your space ship... brosef. Brosef....LOL
Holy Cow sunny, relax... It was jokingly said... "I spend to much time typing"?

Quote:

Good to hear. What kind of parameter readings are you getting? As long as you have ample surface BB surface area the Bacteria Colony should beef up to handle the bio-load in a few days. Just do a 25% water change every few days to make sure that there's not a large ammonia spike. And keeping feeding to minimum for a few days as well. Beneficial bacteria colonies double every 24 hours when increasing their strength so you should only need to do a double water change in one week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroPhish View Post
Hey Paprokeet,

Nice looking fish!

I'snt this a 180gal?

What brand of 20fter do you guys recommend? Do you think im going to need to bring some help and borrow a truck? Or do you think they will have a few nice young men at the store to help me get it in my trunk? lol

I don't think I would recommend less fish or a bigger tank. But I will admit that it took some time for me to fully understand dispersing fish aggression.

If you were still having a problem, I think I would say to add more fish(maybe some trophs), more flow in the form of circulation pumps and in the form of filtration since with more fish you might need it anyway, and possibly play with the scape a little bit. just try separate piles, one big pile/one little pile, one medium pile in the middle, singular spread out rocks etc.

I have my polyodons in a 125 with 40 trophs. I spent some time talking to discman about it, and we briefly leaned toward thinking a 4 or five foot tank with tons of flow, maybe some plants, maybe no rocks, the 40 trophs, and the polys would be the way to go to pull them off (wu-tang, I know). Anyway, they are in the 125 and I would not want them in anything bigger. That's for sure. I may not have years of petro experience...but with fish in general...I can spot a armed bomb when I see it. and spreading them out would make it go off.

And if I felt like I needed to do something, it would be something in that direction(tighter tank, more fish, more flow) instead of less fish, 20 ft tank etc.

Just thinking out loud here.
John
Definitely wouldn't suggest less fish than he has... Who would?

But think about it... a 20ft tank? you seriously think that this would cause problems?