Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Petrochromis.com > Petrochromis.com Marketplace > Buy, Sell or Trade

Notices

Buy, Sell or Trade Post any aquaria related items here you wish to buy, sell or trade.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Titan_Blue

::Profile::
Default 3 w/c moshi

I have 3 w/c moshi I got from Greg . Beleive they are all female. They have amazing yellow. I am selling due to the fact that I had 5 and the two I believed to be the males killed each other and I don't want to loose the rest. I can't afford to buy 10 more to keep the aggression down so I have them separated in 3 different tank and hope to sell them to some one with a large breeding group that would like to add some females to their group. I'm selling them for what I paid. 125 x 3 = $375.00 prefer local pick up but can ship via transshipper for $85. Let me know if interested can send pics via email.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 PM
waterdog

Keeping: red bulu point,moshi mahale, famula chimba& sangala,fasciolatus nkondwe yellow,

Where are you???
Old 05-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Titan_Blue

Hialeah, fl, 33013
Old 05-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Dww-law

I know I am beating a dead horse but I read post after post about dead petro's. It's always the same story of buying 4-8 and watching them kill each other over a short time period. If anyone wants to keep petros's, you can't just keep a few. Petro's are mean SOB's and go from peaceful to homicidal in a heart beat. If you can't afford 15 or 20 adults, then you can't afford to keep adult Petro's. My suggestion is to buy the smaller f1's (20-30 at a time) and raise them up. It is cheaper and a lot less heart ache.

We always think we can make a few work, but it never works out. Even when we have 20 or more they sometimes go nuts. I did not find harmony in my Red Bulu tank until my WC Alpha killed my WC Beta and the Alpha had 18 female playmates all to himself. Trust me, at $450 a fish, it was a hard $450 lesson learned.

Good look on the sale. Someone looking to add females should pick them up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dww-law For This Useful Post:
Titan_Blue (06-15-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 AM
SunnyHouTX

Truth ^

210 gal Petro. Trewavasae
Old 05-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Titan_Blue

You are absolutely rite! Im a rookie to the petro and even trophs that are to me there mini me. Lol I was able to afford a bigger group of trophs but the price at 125 a fish for these moshi I just can't do it. So I'm sticking with the the trophs who have in turn started breeding already( two females holding) and inalterable on if things get better with the cash go with a 20-30 group of f1s like you said and take it from there. I appreciate your commit and this was just a very expensive rookie mistake not to mention when I separated them I put one with my mpimbwe fronts and it killed my top female producer. That hurt me even more I have had her for over 5 yrs now .
QUOTE=Dww-law;3740]I know I am beating a dead horse but I read post after post about dead petro's. It's always the same story of buying 4-8 and watching them kill each other over a short time period. If anyone wants to keep petros's, you can't just keep a few. Petro's are mean SOB's and go from peaceful to homicidal in a heart beat. If you can't afford 15 or 20 adults, then you can't afford to keep adult Petro's. My suggestion is to buy the smaller f1's (20-30 at a time) and raise them up. It is cheaper and a lot less heart ache.

We always think we can make a few work, but it never works out. Even when we have 20 or more they sometimes go nuts. I did not find harmony in my Red Bulu tank until my WC Alpha killed my WC Beta and the Alpha had 18 female playmates all to himself. Trust me, at $450 a fish, it was a hard $450 lesson learned.

Good look on the sale. Someone looking to add females should pick them up.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Titan_Blue

Later on**
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 PM
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Petrochromis.com Owner and Founding Site Sponsor

Keeping: A lot

Hate to hear that man, Moshi are to me one of the meaner petos though, Greg
The Following User Says Thank You to LittleAfricaAquatics.com For This Useful Post:
Titan_Blue (06-15-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Titan_Blue

Well 2 are gone, I have one female left. Make me an offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Africa Aquatics View Post
Hate to hear that man, Moshi are to me one of the meaner petos though, Greg
Old 06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
discman

I kept 22 large W/C Moshi in a 165 for 19 months with no aggression at all. just a little chasing. Not even a torn fin. No secret when it comes to limiting aggression. You must crowd them. Same experience with my reds. If you can't afford a bigger group, don't waste your money.
The Following User Says Thank You to discman For This Useful Post:
Titan_Blue (06-15-2012)