Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Petrochromis.com > Petrochromis.com Marketplace > Buy, Sell or Trade

Notices

Buy, Sell or Trade Post any aquaria related items here you wish to buy, sell or trade.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:44 PM
discman

::Profile::
Default F1 flametail fry ready in approx two weeks(Checking interest)

I will have approx 35 F1 flametail fry ready in about two weeks. Just checking the interest on the fry. I am thinking of selling the W/C colony I have but if the interest for fry is still there may hold on to them.

$30 each for 10 or more. Comments please.
The Following User Says Thank You to discman For This Useful Post:
patrick (03-05-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Dww-law

Depends on what your goal is. Do you want he group for pleasure or breeding? I keep my Bulus for the purpose of breeding. I kept my frontosas for pleasure. It seems you are one of the few that has successfully bred this species of petros. My guess is the fry price will stay in the $25-$35 range for sometime. If people can start to breed f1s, then the price will drop. The price dropped for f1 bulu fry for awhile until we discovered that breeding f1 Bulus takes much more time than other petros. If we discover the same with the flame tails, then the price will rise somewhat. I know you regret selling your Bulus. Flame tails seem to be imported in abundance of late so I don't think we will see the price rise significantly. In fact, from a supply and demand business decision I suspect the price will drop if they keep being imported in the quantities they have been of late. Seems every imported has them now.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Reggie Tougas

Quote:
Originally Posted by discman View Post
I will have approx 35 F1 flametail fry ready in about two weeks. Just checking the interest on the fry. I am thinking of selling the W/C colony I have but if the interest for fry is still there may hold on to them.

$30 each for 10 or more. Comments please.
You still have some avaible
Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 AM
dmiller328

Hey Mike,$30 each for F1 is a great price considering you are the only one selling them in the USA as of yet and wild caughts are $100+.So for 10 you are talking about over $1000 for wild caught vs $300 for F1 that is a big difference.From pics the flametails are just as nice looking petro as Bulu points in my opinion.

If you sell the wild adults you will have a bunch of people ask if you have fry available.People want what you don't have.

I have come to realization that I am going to keep and breed the fish I want to no matter the market b/c I see this happen all the time

1)New species or collection point brought in 2)Is rare and in high demand for awhile 3)a few dedicated breeders breed and ship the fish around the US 4) market gets saturated and the price per fish drops along with demand 5)dedicated breeders sell off their stock 6)a few years go by and the fish is rare in the hobby again and people wonder where they went

Hey Reggie how's it going down there in FL?
Old 03-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Reggie Tougas

Good Dave thanks for asking I haven't heard from you I awhile
Old 03-17-2013, 12:59 PM
discman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Tougas View Post
Good Dave thanks for asking I haven't heard from you I awhile
I only have four that range from 1.25-1.75 inch right now Will sell the four for $100.

I have four females holding right now so will have more fry available in about a month.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Reggie Tougas

Quote:
Originally Posted by discman View Post
I only have four that range from 1.25-1.75 inch right now Will sell the four for $100.

I have four females holding right now so will have more fry available in about a month.

Thanks
Ill take them
Old 03-23-2013, 02:23 AM
fishboy

as a feeeler, im just saying so dont take anything personal pls,,, i got rid of my w/c flemetails cuz i just didnt like them after a while... i thought it was the new big thing so i jumped... ur price is more than fair at 1.5-2" or whatever u listing them for..

everyone has a diff taste.. ive had plenty of petros and i always say the same thing, why dont u just stick to ur guns n stay w the fish u want n just wait 4 them.. instead i jump to quick sometimes... no more FAMULAS ever is on the top of my list.. other than maybe sangala again..

so just as a feeler if thats what ur doing,, 25-30 per is a fair price at a fat 1"+... theres way too many people calling fry an inch where if u look at ur index finger, the 1st line is an inch and the thickness is equated also..

good luck w the sales... flametails r nice, but to ea his own... i got rid mine as fast as i had em without keeping any fry.. they were nice, but i def overpaid at 115$ ea n im sure theylle b 75-85 w/c in no time... so as a feeler, this is my opinion... if it were a sale, i wouldnt have said 80% of this other than good luck n their nice

its always nice to grow out a new petro
Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
discman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
as a feeeler, im just saying so dont take anything personal pls,,, i got rid of my w/c flemetails cuz i just didnt like them after a while... i thought it was the new big thing so i jumped... ur price is more than fair at 1.5-2" or whatever u listing them for..

everyone has a diff taste.. ive had plenty of petros and i always say the same thing, why dont u just stick to ur guns n stay w the fish u want n just wait 4 them.. instead i jump to quick sometimes... no more FAMULAS ever is on the top of my list.. other than maybe sangala again..

so just as a feeler if thats what ur doing,, 25-30 per is a fair price at a fat 1"+... theres way too many people calling fry an inch where if u look at ur index finger, the 1st line is an inch and the thickness is equated also..

good luck w the sales... flametails r nice, but to ea his own... i got rid mine as fast as i had em without keeping any fry.. they were nice, but i def overpaid at 115$ ea n im sure theylle b 75-85 w/c in no time... so as a feeler, this is my opinion... if it were a sale, i wouldnt have said 80% of this other than good luck n their nice

its always nice to grow out a new petro

I decided to sell the group and a local buyer picked them up last week. I did strip several females before they were picked up and will have more fry available in about 2 to 3 weeks if anyone is looking for more.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Dww-law

What are you getting next?